On the cost side, GigE wireless links provide a rapid return-on-investment, relative to the costs of leasing high-speed circuits. A GigE wireless link can provide fibre-like speeds and latency, for a one-time expenditure of about two-thirds of the annual cost of leasing an equivalent fibre-based service. Wireless GigE links also eliminate the initial installation costs for fibre services that may be needed in many cases when new fibre runs need to be constructed.
Advantages of Fibre Technologies Gigabit Wireless Links:
- High Capacity: full-rate, full-duplex GigE
- Reliability: carrier-class 99.999% availability
- Security: inherent and advanced security options provide extremely narrow wireless bridge beam widths and 256-bit AES data encryption which assure the highest standards for a secure wireless network.
- Privacy: dedicated connectivity between buildings
- Scalability: bandwidth on demand, easily upgradeable
- Cost: eliminate recurring leased line costs
- Installation: Easy installation within days
- Distance: up to 6 miles (9 km)
Migrate from copper and microwave backhaul to a Gigabit wireless backhaul solution for mobile 4G networks.
Our solutions offer 80 GHz SDH/SONET + Gigabit Ethernet wireless solution for LTE, WiMAX, 2G, 3G, and 4G mobile network operators wanting a simple migration path towards an all-IP based network, 80 GHz Wireless Bridge: for long range, licensed wireless Ethernet bridge solution and 60 GHz Wireless Bridge: for short range license-free point-to-point wireless bridge.
“Fibre optics is a new area for us and Fibre Technologies was really helpful, advising and giving us exactly what we needed to meet our requirements.”
Control Equipment Ltd